Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm not Josey Grossie anymore!!

This is how I feel today:






Okay, so I wasn't a super tortured geek in High school or anything like that, but I'm referring to the part where she screams out those words! Like she feels it and believes it! AND she LIKES it!


It's a day to celebrate! In a new way! But first, lets review:


FALL 2010 - just before I started the HCG diet. This hideous picture is what 285 pounds looks like on my 5'3" frame. I hate this picture but it's one of the best before pictures I have of me at my heaviest. I lost 25 or so pounds the first go round on HCG... followed by another 5 or so in the second round of HCG. I then made a weak attempt at another go round on HCG and gave up.  It was a hard month to be on a diet. Lots of celebrating of birthdays and other sorry excuses not to follow the plan.

Fast Forward to July: I had a consult with Dr. Kim in May 2011, and decided to shop around. Then a second Consult with my surgeon Dr.  Broussard. Here's what I looked like at 274 pounds which is what I weighed when I met Dr. B. This image is even worse than the one above. I refuse to ever look this way again!!


TODAY: We took the following pictures today after my shift at work. The first picture is me (obviously) weighing 185!! The second picture is Brittney. She weighs 102! The third picture is me holding the amount weight that I've lost! A whole Brittney!! it's UN-BELIEVABLE the changes that people see in me daily and the way I feel NOW compared to how I felt before! I know I know... I'm two pounds off on my calculations of what she weighs compared to what I've lost, but I couldn't wait any longer to post about losing ONE HUNDRED POUNDS!!



I am currently only 35 pounds from my goal of 150! 
I'm thrilled with the results of my Gastric Sleeve Surgery so far! 
Thanks to the staff of WeightWise Bariatrics
Also the support of my Friends, Family, Co-workers and Clients has been so encouraging!

I celebrate this 100lb loss with a 4 mile run with Rhonda and a relaxing night at home with TJ! 
I joined 24 hour fitness yesterday and will start some weight training to tone up these flabby arms and thighs! maybe I'll start working on my abs too... 
35 pounds to go, just over 7 weeks until the Dallas Rock n Roll, exactly 50 days until my 32nd Birthday... It's looking like a great couple of months ahead! 

Fight-Conquer-Thrive
Survive-Prosper-Rise
I came to WIN!

2 comments:

  1. wow. u look great. i am awaiting surgery and try to follow as many sucess stories as possible to ease my fear. keep up the good work and i hope to have a 100lb loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! As with any weight loss "plan" this too takes a lot of determination. Don't be afraid, be excited for the future! I wish you all the best in your journey! check back with me and let me know how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete